Monday, October 4, 2010

Southeast Asia is for Lovers

The feelings haven't subsided:


I met a few cool cats tonight, but it hasn't helped the situation all together (in the wholeness of it)... I still feel like it'd be better to have someone entertain you throughout the day and dinner, and whisper things about people passing, and laugh about the weird ones or the conned ones (when it's not you). The ladies tonight helped me out in that they took a photo of me in my penguin, but the one girl, Lisa (named after my best friend, but not nearly as awesome) said she'd go to the Ping Pong show, that she wanted to see it too, but then we got there and she got "freaked out" by the people in line behind us. Man, I really wanted to go! Although I could almost feel the creepiness of the arena as the men started flooding in line behind us, but aren't we just as creepy because we wanted to go in the first place? Yesssssss. She got scared and wanted to leave; I wasn't going to stay by myself.

Southeast Asia, I love you. Next time I'm going to stay longer and bring a friend, or a lover - since that's the type of people you seem to be for. Couples everywhere! George John Paul Ringo made the same comment at the Full Moon party (is that a proper noun, all of it? I was a teacher of English. I should know... but yet I don't - they were babies, we don't do grammar.) about how Thailand was full of couples, and as single people we were best friends together, though he was 22 and running through the madness (like the fire jump rope) with wildness in his eyes, and all the while I kept saying, "I'm too old for this shit" and touching his beard when he came back to safety (those Scots! handsome fellows).We'll get to that, but mainly I'm just saying it'd be way more awesome to talk to someone about the awesome things that you were doing while you were doing them.

Like the other day in Vietnam when I tried on my penguin costume in my hotel room in Vung Tau just to make me laugh, and I decided to keep it on while I walked to the beach. I laughed about it. But then it was too hot to keep the head on while I walked to the beach, and I bet people were thinking, "Hey! Why's that girl wearing a tuxedo? And how did she tie her bowtie so nicely?" I bet that's what they said, or I was just thinking, "Hey. They're going to stare at me anyway." It was good. I got a photo on the beach from a guy trying to sell me a chair, but a cone-hat lady ran out of the frame when I said, "Hey! Let's take a photo together." No good. What can you do?

I'll try to message you from India. I'm going to vomit. India. I'm excited, but nervous. Like on the first day of 8th grade when I vomitted up my cereal (Cheeri-os, Honey Nut?) and orange juice... 8th grade? Lame! But a similar thing happened today when a woman was roasting up tarantulas to eat. I'll explain later. I retched. I didn't mean to, but seriously? I imagined trying it and having the spider come to life in my mouth. Too much.

I have to wake up at 5am tomorrow. Wish on me your spirit animals as I try to wake and you get to end your day. Oh. I miss you America, and you silly people who I haven't seen in so long (met my first American in over 2 weeks on the night bus to Phnom Penh).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have questions, comments, concerns? Want to live vicariously through me - where should I go; what should I see? YOU tell ME!!