Sunday, February 28, 2010

a-run-run-runnin'!

From January 31, 2010:

I ran 18 miles today, and while I was running, in addition to the smiles, "hello!"s and cheers I got on the mountain (steep hills?) trails there was one older lady - a grandmother, I suppose - with a young girl - her granddaughter, I imagine - who stopped me with a smile and questioned me about the trail ahead... in Korean. I had no idea what she was saying. She repeated herself, smiled bigger, and threw in hand gestures for good measure. I smiled in agreement, said "Hello. Thank you. Goodbye." I had no idea. Semi-satisfied, we each continued on our way.
      "You ran that whole long way? Incredible! Congratulations!"
      "I just saw a snake this big! That's why my granddaughter ran down the hill."
      "When I was your age, I swam from Korea to Japan and back. That's pretty far, huh?"
      "Today, my grandson caught a fish this big. This big!"
Who knows, she could have said any of those things. Luckily, I saw no snakes on my exit.

My last 20 mile training run this weekend, then tapering time, and the big marathon on March 21st!! #4 in the race to finish five before 25!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have questions, comments, concerns? Want to live vicariously through me - where should I go; what should I see? YOU tell ME!!