Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A SNAAAAAAAAKE!!

Dear Gournal,
(and I tried to find a clip where Andy says this in "Wet Hot American Summer" but I couldn't. I did find this instead and it makes me laugh, too.)
Lindsay: What 'cha doing?
Andy: Writing in my gournal. I write my thoughts in it every day.
Lindsay: Oh, you mean a journal?
Andy: Yeah, whatever. I guess I'm not all smart like you. 

There was a GIANT (okay, not really. It was semi-long and pretty skinny) snake in Amanda's room the other night. A SNAKE!! As in a slimy strangler without hands. I was already in bed when I heard a squeal followed by a next door knock and a ruckus going down in the hall. I stirred thinking perhaps Santa Claus came early, but upon my arrival to the light I see a freaked out Amanda running away from my next door neighbor, Alex who had a snake on a string (lasso'ed just below its head) being held up by a broom handle. I was thinking that wasn't a very nice thing for him to do when he lowered it into a big bucket that magically appeared in the middle and Amanda cried with hands clasped, "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! EWWWWWW!!" as she peered to see that the snake was secure and lidded in. Bucket! Snake in a bucket! Snake!

It was long and green-brown (a tree snake as you can see below - which are apparently a big problem on Guam, and you can read about that here) and it came in through Amanda's AC vent. She said she heard crinkling of some plastic that was in the vent, but didn't think anything of it as she had looked around for the source a couple of times without any luck, but on the last time she found Mr. Snake half-way outside of the vent and she bolted for the door in hopes it wouldn't slither away while she was searching for a rescue. That's where Alex the Snake Hunter came in and saved the day.

How about that, eh? Pretty wild! Now Sarah and I are nervous about leaving our balcony door open. Fingers crossed no critters come in thinking this is home. (I found out that A has some sort of hole in her wall that she needs patched and some plants on her balcony. This isn't the first time some creepy crawly came in her room - she's had a couple of furry eight-legged guests which vomitrociously I included a picture of one who only has seven legs - strange - with the snake below. Hurl!)

Love,
Kate
(girl's had some bad luck, right? PS - she said the you could hear the spider walk. that's how big it was.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have questions, comments, concerns? Want to live vicariously through me - where should I go; what should I see? YOU tell ME!!