Monday, January 3, 2011

How Did I Get Here?


Letting the days go by. I just love this song. I hope the life you are currently leading is one that you are enjoying. Every day is a new beginning. Make it yours. And everyday I do try to think this to myself:

"And now I want to tell you about my late Uncle Alex. He was my father’s kid brother, a childless graduate of Harvard who was an honest life insurance salesman in Indianapolis. He was well-read and wise. And his principal complaint about other human beings was that they so seldom noticed it when they were happy. So when we were drinking lemonade under an apple tree in the summer, say, and talking lazily about this and that, almost buzzing like honeybees, Uncle Alex would suddenly interrupt the agreeable blather to exclaim, 'If this isn’t nice, I don’t know what is.' So I do the same now, and so do my kids and grandkids. And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, ''If this isn’t nice, I don’t know what is.''

If it wasn't for my brother Alex, who knows when I would've discovered Kurt Vonnegut, and if it wasn't for him and Edward Albee, who knows when I would've discovered my love of the written word.

Just random things to share. Love. Your. Life. It might be the only one you have - depending on who you talk to. Make the most of everything. Carpe diem. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have questions, comments, concerns? Want to live vicariously through me - where should I go; what should I see? YOU tell ME!!