Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A DOZEN!!

That's how many students I have now (Chloe's brand new). Twelve little babies, running like crazies around my classroom. I can't quite believe it myself, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Last night I had a dream that six of them dropped out (for reasons unbeknownst to me), and I woke up in a panic. It's definitely difficult dealing with them, especially since they're so young and they all crave individual attention, all. the. time. But we're learning together, and I'm doing my very best to shape them into little learners and good friends. I think the 'good friends' part is going to be the hardest; the other week my student Kelly bit - yes, she bit - another one of my kids, Top, just for sitting next to her! I shouted at her right as her mouth engulfed his cheek, so there wasn't any physical damage done, but sheesh!! Things are mostly tame now, aside from the everyday pushing and kicking and chopping in the playroom - someone gets excited, flings their limbs around and someone else cries - at least it's not intentional.

Pictures from Roy's birthday, yesterday - he wears the king crown; the kids wear the party hats; I wear a ridiculous floppy hat that looks like a cake.
**I thought I got a shot of all of them together, but I didn't... I'll see if Lily (one of the Korean teachers) got any good group pictures and get them from her - one day... until then, here:
(Roy and the boys. L-R: Willie, Aden, Danny, Roy, Alex, Top)
(Roy and the girls. L-R: Chloe, Stella, Roy, Jessica, Allie, Kelly, Ashley)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have questions, comments, concerns? Want to live vicariously through me - where should I go; what should I see? YOU tell ME!!