Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A little song and dance...

February was a month of madness. Most-to-all classroom activities were put on hold and all educational efforts were shifted to practicing for the kindergarten graduation performance (all day practice sessions for the whole school - it was a little intense and towards the end, when we were sitting through all the older classes speeches, pretty boring, too). But, with all the ups and downs, I'm happy to say that two-ish weeks ago, Friday, February 26 the show went off without a hitch!

It was pretty stressful while it was happening, in the preparation and the actual show with all the last minute changes made by the bosses, but everything was worth it in the end, and I think the kids even had fun - well, that might be a stretch - at least no one cried. Throughout the whole experience of rushing children this way and that for their stage cues and dodging flying costumes and catching half naked children trying to run off to play, I kept saying, "Just think, in twenty years we'll look back on this and laugh."

My kids performed "Boogie Shoes" by KC & the Sunshine Band, and here's a little clip for you (again - a fb vid so you just need to be logged in to see):


The 5-6 year olds sang "Hello Goodbye" and the whole school sang "Yellow Submarine." I don't really have good videos of either of those, but I just got the whole performance DVD so maybe I can make a video of the video... we'll see on quality.

2 comments:

  1. Kate, that is so cute. Where did you get those tiny costumes?

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. The school ordered them - all the outfits were simultaneously ridiculous and simply adorable. I will post more from that day...

    ReplyDelete

Have questions, comments, concerns? Want to live vicariously through me - where should I go; what should I see? YOU tell ME!!