Wednesday, March 31, 2010

a moment in time

As of today I've been in South Korea for seven months, and I have five to go. Seven months. What a time it's been. I can't help but feel nostalgic in how I'll think about this moment of my life in the future. Seven months and so much has happened since I stepped off the plane, swollen-footed and unsure of what lay ahead; lost luggage, friends made, hugs and laughs shared, tears shed, places seen that I'd only imagined in dreams, common life, routines, running paths, walks in parks, simple tasks complicated with language barriers, challenges with children, finding joy in everyday things. That's life, it can be hard, but it sure is beautiful.

I don't know where tomorrow will take me, but I'll do my best to accept everything with a smile and an open heart because in the end I know it will all have been worth while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have questions, comments, concerns? Want to live vicariously through me - where should I go; what should I see? YOU tell ME!!