Thursday, November 4, 2010

Namaste, India.

India,

I'm leaving you. Our month together was [too] short, sweet, and anything but simple. You made me frustrated more times than I can count, and many times you made me want to cry out of lost in translation transportation confusion, but you were also kind and caring, and helped me grow in more ways than I thought possible.

The growing - that's what Seb said was the most important thing anyone can do for their partner in a relationship, and India, I think you're the same way; you pushed me places I never dreamed of going (at least at this stage in my life). You were there for me when I needed you. Yes, sometimes you were pushy beyond belief, and I don't know why you can't queue in line like everybody else. But more often than not you opened my eyes to new sights and experiences, and for that I am eternally grateful.

India. I'd like to see you again; to spend more time together, but one can never know what tomorrow will bring, so until then I can hope and I can pray, and wish and think about the sweet things we'll do together next time... but until then, know that you'll always hold a special place in my heart (and in my head wobble).

Love,
Kate


(the internet cafe I'm at isn't keen on video watching, but this one looks pretty awesome with the two John Denver's in one frame.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have questions, comments, concerns? Want to live vicariously through me - where should I go; what should I see? YOU tell ME!!