Friday, November 20, 2009

HALLOWEEN PHOTOS!!

Aikes! And the wait is over! I just realized I never posted anything about Halloween!! So here's some stories and some photos to go along.
No regular Friday. The kids on the third floor are decked out and ready to go. Some of them already started eating candy, at 9:50a, can't say I blame 'em.
Little Eric (in Colleen's class) was dressed as a pumpkin, but kept hopping around like a frog... maybe he thought he was wearing something else?
Remember how I told you Roy was tall for his age? Well, he's tall for this costume, too. I couldn't help but giggle every time he adjusted his hat. He always says "Kate Teacher" then laughs, I think he has something hilarious to tell me, but he just can't get the words out. Oh, Roy. Sweet, sweet Roy.
My kids working on their pumpkin "masks", in the shadow of the flippers.
We trick or treated on the third floor; the kids were grabbing for candy - to take, to give. CANDY!
Class shot. HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!
The "masks" (faces) are completed. See?
Alex was Spiderman. I sang to him what I think the theme song is, "Spiderman. Spiderman. Does anything that a spider can. Is he a spider, or is he a man? I don't know, but he's Spiderman." and he sang it the rest of the day. Awesome.
Hanging out on the 6th floor, listening to directions for some crazy hula-hooping game where the kids are matched up against one another - two at a time - and they hula hoop 10 times then run to the end of the room to bob for a piece of candy on a tray... sooooo not Swine Flu safe!
Top was a Power Ranger - sweet sword. All in all, Halloween at school was fun, but the day had only just begun, and the grown ups had to go home and get ready to Trick or Drink that night!! We went to five different houses around the neighborhood, each had a shot to take, then we went to the local foreigner bar to have some drinks and meet up with other friends.

Aidan had a sweet evil skeleton lego costume - that he MADE!! So awesome - wish I got a full length shot; he couldn't use his arms - but you can see there's a door on his right side where he could reach out for things - because he had to carry his legs which were detached boxes from the rest of the structure. And that's Andrea using Aidan's costume as a shelf for her beer.
During the Trick or Drink shenanigans, Andrea and I kept finding small doors (naturally we documented them), this is the smallest one. WHY!?!
Josh and Jeremy dressed as the Williams sisters and harassing locals, "Who's hotter? Me or her?"
Saturday night I went to Seoul with Andrea, Morganne, Jennie and Colleen. We met up with our friends Ashton, Ted, Colin, Jason and Lorna at this place called THE HIVE. I joined a costume contest. I won third place, and a bottle of Canadian whisky. A guy dressed as an iPod won 2nd (and 200,000 won!), and Ashton (as Jesus) won 1st place - two tickets to Jeju-do. I think it was the air guitar that made all the difference; I was dubbed the "Funky Penguin; Andrea found it for me on the street.
I was so happy I won!
Swine Flu!
That's the face that won me the whisky. It was a good night. Shenanigans in Seoul, for sure. As usual.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you brought the penguin costume to Korea. Limited belongings... can only bring the most important... must.bring.penguin.

    i hope you are having fun... it sure looks like it! :)

    -Elena

    ReplyDelete

Have questions, comments, concerns? Want to live vicariously through me - where should I go; what should I see? YOU tell ME!!