Wednesday, December 9, 2009

OLLEH! Turkey Day

UPDATES!! So much to say, and where to begin? I suppose I'll rant and ramble more than I normally do if I say everything at once, so I'll try to break them into different posts... starting with Thanksgiving - WOW!! How is already December 9th!?!? Ka-razy, cause this is Korea!!

When in Korea, eat Thanksgiving dinner with chopsticks  (check)

The Saturday following Thanksgiving, my friends, Elaine (a Canuck) and Patrick (a Brit), threw a Thanksgiving dinner party at their home - they're established here, and they actually have a really nice three bedroom, two story (well, private rooftop) flat. It was really nice. There were foreigners and Koreans gathered around a delicious spread with two Army base turkeys in the center. It being Korea and being a turkey dinner hosted by non-Americans (not to say no one else has Thanksgiving or other turkey-centered holidays) no one knew how to carve a turkey, we'd all just watched in the past. What to do? YOUTUBE!! Yeah, yeah. E and P's friend, Mike, did the honor.

There was sitting on the floor, and low lighting, and mashed potatoes, and pie, and fun times. After dinner and clean up we even played a round of Cranium; no Thanksgiving is complete without a board game or two. All in all I was really happy, especially since I expected the day to be full of tears and missing my fam. **Pictures to come as the bell for Elementary is soon to toll - or in my school's case, melodize.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have questions, comments, concerns? Want to live vicariously through me - where should I go; what should I see? YOU tell ME!!