Wednesday, December 16, 2009

They aren't Children...

So a Korean co-teacher and I agreed after sharing stories about Alex. He's a two-face apparently. Olivia and Alex were arguing today, about who knows what, but all of a sudden - when I'm at the board with my back to the class, of course - Olivia comes and tugs on my shirt. "Kate Teacher." "Yes, Olivia." "Alex [and here she spits on herself]" "What?!" "Alex -" she gets ready to spit again, after wiping the first dribble off her chin, but I say, "Stop!" and then, "that's called 'spit' and what? Alex spit on you?" She nods. I turn to Alex. "Did you spit on Olivia?" A blank stare response. "Alex..." and then I ask the other kids, but Arthur and Danny were actually working, so I turned to reliable Roy and he nodded his head. So, Alex got sent to the 'Thinking Feet' (time out) and Olivia got two 'X's (strikes) because (A1 she hadn't been listening all morning) I had told her to stop taking Alex's book away, but she continued to do it even after Alex asked her to stop, but then he resolved to spit on her... so it goes.

Alex and Olivia have had problems in the past. During a break in Elementary this afternoon, I was recounting the story to a co-teacher and she was the one who mentioned Alex's two faced-ness. I guess he's been running around telling other kids he would kill them... in Korean. News to me! Yikes! He's a little angel with teachers, but turn your back and it's like Macaluy Caulken in "The Good Son" all over again! Sheesh.

Also, one of my Elementary students was drawing guns in class today; big guns, small guns, any type of guns. I complimented him on his artistic talent and then told him if we were in America he'd probably be sent to the principal's office and get a call home, but I stopped myself there because I suppose 9 is too young to be hearing about school shootings and stuff of that nature. I mumbled off with a "America has a problem with guns..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have questions, comments, concerns? Want to live vicariously through me - where should I go; what should I see? YOU tell ME!!