Sunday, September 12, 2010

BAMBOOZLED IN BKK!!!

It happened!! When I least expected it. Damn, they're good! I was feeling so proud of myself that I hadn't been had in the 'kok when I heard so many stories from other people about their tales of trickery. They move fast, those movers and shakers, take all the money that you makers.

In the morning I was going to visit the Grand Palace, and after I got off the [free!] ferry, a man approached me, and cheerily informed me that the Palace was closed until 2pm because it was a holiday and people were praying. What?! Why didn't the guy at the hostel tell me? I was not happy about that, but I thanked him and told him that I was going to walk over that way anyway.

About 20 minutes later, another man approached me and told me the same thing, then he told me that I should take a private canal boat ride for an amount that I am ashamed I paid. I kindly declined and kept on my merry way. Then! A woman approached me and told me the same thing. Well, crap! Three people said it, it must be true. BAMBOOZLED!!! Darnit!! I went on that canal ride, thinking every place was closed. Stupid, stupid, stupid! I kept thinking that the whole way. I've been had! I've been had! I had totally and completely been had. The canal ride was nice and all, but I kind of wanting to go the Grand Palace and Wat Arun.

I got to see one of those giant lizards eat a turtle. That was pretty neat. After the canal, the driver was taking me to the SkyTrain and I saw people going into Wat Arun BEFORE 2PM! I turned around, pointed at the temple, pointed at the man, and said, "Oooooh! You're a liar. A tricky, tricky liar. It's OPEN!! OPEN!!" By then it was too late, and I turned around semi-furious and crossed my arms. It's Bangkok, it's bound to happen. That's the ONLY scam I fall for this trip. Fingers crossed tightly tight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have questions, comments, concerns? Want to live vicariously through me - where should I go; what should I see? YOU tell ME!!