Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Thoughts and Actions

I find myself wondering about all the travelers (and friends, said shyly while fingers are crossed and my gaze is shifting towards my shoes digging circles in the ground) I'm going to meet. What are they doing? Are the already out, backpack bound, waiting for a train or a plane and hanging around? Or are the still in the pre-time filled with anxious excitement and thoughts of delight? Maybe they're lying on a beach or hiking up a mountain wondering about me. And when we meet we'll shake hands or hug, out of relief.

Also, it was so great traveling with Lizzikins, a kind-hearted, easy going, peaceful, loving and beautiful soul. I felt like she was my angel guide, helping me get started on this wild and bumpy ride. It's so exciting the crossroads we both are at in our lives, and I look forward to meeting the people we'll be at our next meeting. Definitely a friend for life. I was really sad to see her go, but I'm really happy and ready to grow; to see what I can do on my own, and just so I can spend some quality time with myself, and see who I meet along the way.

On that note: I totally had an Eat, Pray, Love encounter last night at a drugstore in Manila. Liz was at the counter and I was roaming the aisles, looking for supplies. I glanced up to see if she needed anything, jumping above the aisles to make eye contact with who I thought was her only to realize the friend I saw smiling back and gestering an offer of help was actually me. Funny, funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have questions, comments, concerns? Want to live vicariously through me - where should I go; what should I see? YOU tell ME!!