Sunday, September 19, 2010

North to South

I love Thailand. Plain and simple. I would tell you more about it, but I'm in Koh Samui waiting to head over to Koh Tao tomorrow and get dive certified!!

The Gibbon people never got back to me, but switching out zip lining through the forest (as much as that would've rocked) for getting dive certified (as scared as I am about Jaws - and perhaps it's an irrational fear when I'm in a lake, or a swimming pool, or my bath tub... it doesn't seem so irrational when you're under the water - ocean water) doesn't seem like such a bad thing to me.

Koh Samui from what I've seen is meh - at least the Chaweng Beach was algae-full and lackluster. Also expensive these islands!! Man. I'm paying 1baht/MINUTE!! PER MINUTE!! On the mainland it's 20baht/HOUR. Talk about rip-off. Maybe if I stay for a long time I could haggle with the guy, but seeing as how I haven't been doing a great job of that (read: at all) and paying the quoted price, I should stick to typing quick and getting out of here.

I know I have oh-so much to catch you up on like the beauty and chillness that is Pai (intended to stay 2 days and took it to 5) and the wonder that is Chiang Mai - Thailand's second biggest city, but it feels like a small town. So small town in fact that I ran into a dear friend of mine from college days... or rather he walked by as I was struggling to eat a falafel sandwich after imbibing a bit much the night before. Muay Thai fights and a cooking class. Thai massage and yoga taught by one of the strangest ladies I've ever met - her cat loves to eat "coln!" Corn for the cat! And bananas for her dog! More details to go into, but I have the time nor the money to tell all at the moment.

Off to go eat some massaman curry - ohhhh so tasty!

Peace and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have questions, comments, concerns? Want to live vicariously through me - where should I go; what should I see? YOU tell ME!!