Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Michelle is Tempermental; She Bites!!

Boracay was awesome! Touristy to the max, but wow! I've never been to a tropical island before, so I was as happy as a clam, and Liz (my travel buddy, and a great one at that! How much fun we had together!) was happy to be back on an island after being away from Guam for a little over a week.

We went sailing two days; snorkeling once; cliff jumping at Arielle's Cove (and OY! I was going to go off the highest one, 29 meters, but on one of the lower jumps I landed weird and the bottoms of my feet stung like a mother and it honestly felt like I had been punched up my bum and I splashed to the surface gulping water and shout/whimpered, "OWWWWWWWWWWuch!! My ass!!!" Not a good feeling. It was pretty hilarious, but my goodness it hurt so bad. So, so, so bad. I actually did a lot better jumping than I thought I would as I'm debilitating afraid of heights. You just have to look out at the horizon, no matter how bad you want to look down, and even if you do look down just remind yourself that people do this for fun and then jump and scream, but for the love of god, make sure you keep your hands at your sides or straight up in the air and your feet together!!!

We also ate the most delicious sea food (Paradiso Grill) and Indian food (at True Food. OH! I canNOT wait to eat Indian food IN India!!!), they also had fantastic mango daiquiris! We ate mangoes every day for breakfast and sometimes had mango shakes, too. I can't get enough mangoes! I got two massages over the course of three days, and I can't wait until they are cheaper on the beaches in Thailand. The white sand beaches, and the pristine pool-like water blew my mind. What also blew my mind... get ready for it... A RAINBOW CLOUD!!! I kid you not, folks. There was a pocket of rainbow in the sky. Straight up cloud of RAINBOW! Yosemite Guy would freak out. I couldn't stop staring at it. Magical.
Riding in tricycles and jeepneys and being bombarded by blasted soft rock, being called "beautiful" everywhere, roosters running wild.

Oh, and Michelle was the monkey at Arielle's Cove who only likes men, even though I gave her not one but TWO bananas. She was kind of a bitch when I reached to get her piece of banana that she threw (ungrateful monkey) and she lunged at me! Fine, then! The entrance fee there was 400 pesos/person, and totally worth each one as we spent a couple hours there!!

We also stayed at Frendz Resort, a wonderful oasis of a hostel, and we met so many fun and fantastic people there and they made Boracay all the more better.

And Manana has EXCELLENT mango margaritas (you can take them to go!), and I guess the food is pretty good, too.

It was pretty awesome eating dinner sitting on the beach and digging and wiggling my toes into the sand. All in all, despite the expensive side of it (it shall be the splurge of my trip) I really enjoyed myself relaxing on the beach, interacting with the locals (even the vendors) and meeting new friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have questions, comments, concerns? Want to live vicariously through me - where should I go; what should I see? YOU tell ME!!