Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Ello, ow are ou?


Like I said before, my "H" key really isn't working, so every time I type something... y'know, whatever it my be, most of the H's are missing and I feel as if I need to start speaking with a cockney accent. Of course, as I type this all the H's are coming in flawlessly, but I'm just sayin' most of the time they stick and do not appear. This is just something that makes me smile more than sigh, and that's really all I have to share... I double typed some of the H's in, just to make it easier for you. Aren't I so considerate? The answer, by the way, is yes, yes I am. Tank you.

But ten again, maybe tat’s exactly wat appened wit tis advertisement (ayeyiyi, ok, I’ll stop with the no Hs) “Fasion Trend” poster… y’know? Well, it only explains the title, not so much the “intorocated” or “evertone”… I honestly don’t get it. It’s like in “When You Are Engulfed in Flames,” Sedaris writes whether or not the Japanese have American or English-speaking cousins that they could check with on the translation. I mean, do we have Korean, Chinese, Japanese, French or other mistranslations in America? Maybe, but I’m thinking not, as usually the people who own the shop or restaurant are of that nation… Maybe someone scratched the letters off, y’know how people change movie marquees? But, changing removable letters is easier than stickers… Maybe it’s a joke, Koreans are a funny people always joking and laughing, and sometimes the humor is lost on Westerners… So, maybe they’re poking fun at us, but then again, I don’t think so… But really, “fasion,” “intorocated,” “bom to be loved.” Maybe the English draws non-English speaking Koreans in, because, oooh, it looks foreign… and to Westerners, it’s ‘umorous, and that’s good enough for me. Today will be best day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have questions, comments, concerns? Want to live vicariously through me - where should I go; what should I see? YOU tell ME!!