Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Put You in My Pocket!!

Three weeks and three days since I’ve arrived. Also, my second season, though I didn’t experience much of summer… and I don’t really mind that, because it rains two months straight and then it’s muggy as hell all the while, so I’ve heard, and so I don’t mind.

I kind of wish I could put people in my pocket. I’ve already explained this idea to a few friends back home, but please, let me explain before you close the tab because you’re worried about your safety. A1, I’m overseas, so nothing could happen if I did mean ill intent, and B2, that’s not what I’m going for so wipe the sweat off your brow. See, I want a more of a magic Polly Pocket thing. Sort of like voodoo, but not… I’ll start at the beginning. So, Polly Pocket came out, what – when I was six, or something… so ’91? Yeah, sure, let’s say that. I wanted to live in Polly’s world, more so than Barbie’s I think – there was always too much drama with Ken and then Skipper came around… and the steering wheels on the cars never worked, AKA, death traps. I did like the clothes and the Dream Mansion, but you couldn’t really take that over to friends’ houses. But Polly, man. That was portable fun; girls’ PS2s of the non-technology era. Portable being the key word in terms of my thought process on people I love and left, and didn’t really want to…

Alright, so, let’s say I want to put you in my pocket. Don’t you often hear people saying that, “Oh wow! I love x so much I just want to put pronoun in my pocket!!”? Yes? No? Oh… well, I do, quite often, actually. I tell my friends that when they do something silly or cute, and then when I found out I was leaving for Korea, that desire heightened into something I actually wanted to make possible. So, I’d have this PP, right? But it wouldn’t be any ole PP, it would be magic in a way that I would keep you, but only your, uh, would it be avatar? Yes. You wouldn’t be with me all the time, but I would give you notice as to when I wanted to see you (via: FB, gmail, Skype, ESP, whatever) so you would you know that you needed to be at home, or at least not driving a car. Then, I would open up the PP, put your doll-avatar-person in, and voila! welcome to Korea!! Ka-razy, right? I know, but let’s say it would only last an hour, or something magical like that, and I could only do it 5, no, 6 times, so I would have to make it really special, right? So that way it would give us both the freedom to live our own lives as we saw fit while also giving satisfaction of being in the same place, at the same time for a bit of time. Waaaaay better than Skype, right?

And, yes, yes I do realize, that I just described some sort of teleportation, but this is seemingly less dangerous because it’s based purely on magic and whimsy, and has nothing to do with science (because I absolutely don’t trust it, probably because I can’t understand it, AKA robots). So, yeah, I’m just saying… I wish I could keep you in my pocket.

Related song... but not in my suitcase because that would require some contortionist, and my friends and family aren't that flexible:

2 comments:

  1. i love that song. at first i saw the video bc i didnt have headphones and am at the library but i just located some. miss u mama. i love your writing...i love it all! esp u! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. who says you cant hang out with people when you want to! i pretend that you are around when i want you around, and then you're spirit is with me and we are happy—i hope you don't mind me borrowing your spirit for a few hours every now and again. you don't need floo powder or polly pockets. i once was explaining this concept of how I practice hanging out with people's spirits because no matter where I go in the world, I never want to be without the people I love, and my friend retorted "well, what if that spirit is busy then and really doesn't want to be bothered right then? or what if your grandpa's spirit wants to drop in and see you when you're hanging out drinking and carrying on and such? how come you get all the power to decide when you want to hang with who?" cause it's my imagination! try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Have questions, comments, concerns? Want to live vicariously through me - where should I go; what should I see? YOU tell ME!!