Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Under the Table, Behind the Door

No matter how many times I leave the classroom in a day, whenever I come back I can never find my class. "Where's my class?!" I say, "Where did all the children go? ... Danny? Alex? Eric? Olivia?... Wheeeeeeeere are you?" sometimes I pretend to cry and wait for the giggles, otherwise I jump down to their level and shout, "I FOUND YOU!" or I close the door and act surprised, or I say, "HEY! Everybody in your seats! You do this everyday." They don't get tired of it, only I do. So, this week I've made up my mind to play along, and I think it's made all the difference. They actually wanted to read their Potato book this morning, after we played Reader Rabbit. OH! These Potato books are the worst, because it's all "Repeat after me, class" and I get blank stares, because we do it every.day. Example: the first book, "In the morning. I wake up." Next page, repeat the first page then say, "I get out of bed." Repeat the first two pages then, "I wash my face." Repeat three, "I eat breakfast." Four, "I brush my teeth." Then, "I get dressed." - so apparently this Potato's family believes in nudity. And finally, "I go to school." We did that for two weeks, and they were just as tired of it by the end as I was, and I would have to bribe them with play time to finish it.

This week we started, "At School." And, like I said, they were all about it which shocked me, but was great. I'm a preschool teacher, for Koreans... this is bizarre, and trying, but also insanely fun. I play with blocks and cute little kids who ask me to act like a lion all day. Oh! And yesterday I got them to play like Power Rangers, so maybe I'll save my voice a little bit in that... though want of the lion came through at the end. It always done. Curse my awesome impression!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have questions, comments, concerns? Want to live vicariously through me - where should I go; what should I see? YOU tell ME!!