Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Oh, shucks.

I sure do feel silly! Luggage is found!! Thank goodness! It's not here yet, but should be tonight, and if not, then tomorrow. What a relief, just to know. I think it came because I wanted it to. And like Hulk Hogan says, if you want something badly enough, it will come to you... (Rolling Stone issue #1077 - won't let you read article online). I feel pretty embarrassed about getting so upset yesterday, but my afternoon Conversation class was a bit overwhelming and topped off with the luggage information of potential lost forever-ness... I was a mess.

Last night I went out to dinner with Briana and Rachel, and then Rachel and I went on a walk around the town - quaint and neon! Also, surrounded on some sides like a forest circa M. Night's "The Village." Ewww, we saw a tarantula-like spider scurrying across the sidewalk. Man, oh man I hope they aren't the norm. Rachel also showed me the Northwestern equivalent in Youngtong (Kyung Hee University), and wow! most of the architecture in Youngtong is pretty concrete blah and basic, but the campus starts out with a huge Greco-Roman gate complete with toga-ed statues, continues along rolling hills packed with trails and open fields, and leads up to this great big amphitheater that I imagine an Aeschylus or Sophocles play would be shown in. It was too dark to take pictures, so I'll go sometime during the day. Then I went back to Rachel's and listened to some Bing Bang, a Korean pop sensation. I'm too tired to youtube a link for you now because I have an elementary class in 12 minutes and I need to rest from my Phonics class (15 very excitable children), but I will.

Peace and love from across the sea.

Bing Bang's "GO!"

Pretty sure they're all students at Kyung Hee, too, so that's neat.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad The Hulk's wisdom is getting you through your transition!

    It sounds like things are going well! They really put you to work right away, huh?!

    Post pics soon....pleeeease! :)

    ReplyDelete

Have questions, comments, concerns? Want to live vicariously through me - where should I go; what should I see? YOU tell ME!!